Wednesday, October 24, 2007

More eligibility issues

I'm starting to feel for Marvin Menzies.
During media day on Wednesday, Menzies reported Herb Pope cannot practice, and as a result will not play in Friday's Crimson/White scrimmage.

Here's the quote

"The NCAA has requested additional information on his waiver and as of today, he won't be able to practice and won't be able to participate in the Crimson and White scrimmage on Friday."

Herb was granted an initial eligibility waiver last Friday by the NCAA, allowing him to practice, but still wasn't eligible to play in games. Menzies didn't give a time frame. There was some good news I guess. He stopped estimating in regards to freshmen Wendell McKines and Jahmar Young, but on Wednesday he said he expects them to be cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse sometime next week. But you've heard all that before.

JG

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad news on all fronts re eligibility. I feel Pope and McKines, in light of losing Nelson, are key players for the Aggies to have next year...for that matter, given the Aggies' mediocre outside shooting, Young could also be key.

Anonymous said...

This is rediculous. I understnad that these guys (Clearinghouse) have a lot of things to look at, but to give the OK to practice, and then recind that is just plain WRONG. I feel for guys like Pope, McKines, and Young. HANG IN THERE GUYS!!!!

GO AGGIES!!!

Anonymous said...

I just feel sick right now. And ANGRY. VERY VERY F*$*ING ANGRY. I just want to punch the clearing house in the nose. They make me vomit.

Anonymous said...

Things could be much more serious than what the LCSN indicates. This additional quote from Menzies in today's Alb Journal:
"He obviously was pretty disappointed," said Menzies. "And to be honest, I'm starting to become a little bit concerned because it's been going on for a while now. I'm gonna have to do a little more digging myself. But we've got a great compliance officer (in Braun Cartwright) and I'm fully confident in his abilities to see this through. And Herb's done everything he can do. So we're in a holding pattern."

Aggie Glare

Anonymous said...

I am just happy that basketball season is finally here! Just 2 more weeks until Cal!
Mumme and the football team are just not cutting it for me! I need to watch some real contenders. Does anyone know if the rumors are true about Mumme? No Bowl no contract??