Thursday, December 25, 2008

Walker, Schultz

On that football search.

Walker and Schultz are two finalists. Who's the third? Not sure. But we got two and it comes as no surprise. Maybe even too obvious. I have faith that Walker would be a fine hire. I'm not as confident in Schultz but I hear good things. But what else is out there?

There must be something. The third coach remains a mystery. My true and honest gut feeling today was that it's Walker's or Schultz's job, whoever accepts or whoever backs out. But these searches can change quickly. Walker seems to be the favorite. He almost got hired at San Diego State, could have been hired at UCLA and seems to be someone who will eventually be hired somewhere.

Schultz comes from a great program and has been in the business for some time. He's also familiar with the area. He has ties to New Mexico and El Paso. TCU is a very balanced team. But he has been around that winning culture for some time and hopefully could bring some of it to an Aggie program thirsting for it.

I just want this to come to the forefront soon. I'm tired of waiting for it. Lets see who the next coach is going to be.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boston wasn't being honest with you Teddy. NMSU has already offered the job to their top choice, and he has already accepted the job. NMSU is just waiting to announce it.

Anonymous said...

Who tell me! My sources say its Dewayne walker with a comp pkg similar to the one utah state gave there head coach! Heard asst will be making more, earnest wilson will stay as rb coach. That is what i know!

Anonymous said...

Looks like investigative reporting needs to be practiced at the Sun-Snooze! Tell me why the ABQ-Journal can get Boston to divulge more than you can? If we are taking our top choice then why are we waiting so long to announce it?

Viking79 said...

The rumor mills say the third candidate is Jim McElwain, Offensive Coordinator for the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Teddy said...

It doesn't seem like McElwain is the third guy to me. I would take that rumor with a grain of salt.

Teddy said...

Oh, and anon 11:40, I think we've done a pretty good job covering the search. You may disagree and that's fine. But if you're who I think you are, it wouldn't matter what we did. You would still hate. That's just your nature.....

Anonymous said...

I dont like to hate, but the Journal got much better info and quotes straight from the horses mouth in one article than what the LCSN has gotten during the entire process.

Not the same guy who calls the LCSN the Snooze. That guy is a retard.

Anonymous said...

I dont have access to the Journal and it's not available online so I wish someone would elaborate as to what was said in there that isn't in the Sun news or on the blogs.

I just want to know what's going on with the program. We are officially the last D1 program to hire a coach. There were 20 openings, as of tonight with Army having hired their coach, there is one opening left. Someone please remind Dr. B that other schools aren't going to wait on him to name a coach before recruiting the same kids. We need to move on this and fast! I understand the importance of getting it right, but he should have a favorite. Unless the hold up is financial, which might be the case, we need a face to the program be it Walker or Schultz. The kids that are being recruited need to know who they are going to play for, and who knows if the kids targeted by Charlie Johnson and Co. are the same type of kids that either of these two guys want.

Anonymous said...

Dewayne walker will be the guy, heard he may be getting Steve mooshagian to go with him the former wr coach at the Bengals who is the asst hc at univ of san Diego (he was at Fresno state for ten years) he would be a great 3 2 guy, if they get those two wow congrats to NMSU!

Anonymous said...

This is 11:40 Teddy. No I don't hate and it is not in my nature. You have no idea who I am as that is my first post to your blog. My concerns are that NMSU is a public institution funded by state taxes and you can't get information about a coaches search using an open records act at the very least? Why does the AD not divulge information to you, but will tell the ABQJournal? My concerns are that the AD has dragged this search on for longer than it should have been and will leave the new coach with precious little time to recruit before signing day. Not to mention evaluate coaches for the new staff. And as for you 4:39, didn't your momma always say "if you can't say anything nice...."