The New Mexico State Aggie football team has the look of a deep wide receiving corps in 2011.
The core players:
• Taveon Rogers — speedster with big play ability
• Kenny Turner — versatile H-back who displays maturity and toughness inside
• Austin Franklin — true freshman athlete who can make plays
• Kemonte Bateman — junior college transfer who is also a fluid athlete
•Jackson Kaka — all-around tight end as a freshman
• Todd Lee — seasoned player with veteran savvy
Franklin has impressed me during fall practices thus far. And don’t forget about freshmen Joseph Matthews and Adam Shapiro, who could get some snaps as well.
The Aggie offense has some weapons this year and the receiving unit is big a part of it.
Of course, the offense needs to stay healthy, starting along the offensive line and at running back with Robert Clay. But if things stay intact, the Aggies will score more points in 2011.