Sunday, April 13, 2014

Catching up with former Aggie, current Green Bay Packer Davon House

Former New Mexico State Aggie cornerback Davon House will be entering his third season in the NFL with the Green Bay Packers.

House has been a contributor the past two years in Green Bay, both as a starter and as a reserve. Standing at 6-foot-1, 195 pounds, House has the tools to continue getting better on the pro level, as he enters the third year of his four-year rookie contract signed following the 2011 NFL Draft.

The past two years has seen House make 70 tackles, record an interception, a sack and break up 15 passes.

House put on a kids clinic in Las Cruces this past Saturday, and took a few minutes to catch up during Aggie spring practice.

How has the journey been thus far?
"It's been good. A learning process. I feel like I'm getting better and better every year. I still feel like I haven't reached my full potential."

Obviously every year there's new goals. What are your goals for this season?
"My goal this year is to solidify myself to start and keep my job. And prove that I'm not just a fourth-round pick from New Mexico State. Show everyone that I'm an elite player."

Talk about your playoff game against San Francisco, going up against players like Michael Crabtree and Vernon Davis. How did you feel you did?
"I think I did really good. I think I maybe left one or two plays out there. Numbers wise, it was really good. They targeted me nine times, they completed three balls for, like, 30-something yards. I had, like, three pass breakups I believe. So, it was good. I feel like that's just a stepping stone. I feel like I could have done better than what I did, but I feel like I still had a good game."

Give fans an idea of what it takes on the professional level, staying on top of your game season after season?
"Every year, they're bringing in guys to replace you. It is a job….That's how you provide for your kids, and yourself. Every year I've got to find a way to get better."

Follow me on Twitter @TeddyFeinberg

No comments: